I’m slowly but surely working my dietetic internship application. The way the application process works is pretty involved and tedious.
I have to fill out 1 centralized application in a program called DICAS (Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services). It requires the following:
– Fill out personal information, award information & work history (finished this)
– Submit all transcripts (I’ve submitted 2 of them, still need to order 1 more)
– Enter all dietetic courses and grade information individually (just finished this- took me several hours)
– Enter work information (finished this)
– Submit 3 references (sent the info to my references last week)
– Submit a personal statement (ugh, haven’t even started on this!)
– Submit resume (have mine, sending it to career services to review)
– Select which schools you want to apply to (I know I’m applying to 3 but haven’t finalized this yet)
The thing that made it so tedious was that you have to first fill out information for each school you’ve attended. I’ve technically attended 4- VT (undergrad/grad), Alabama and a community college where I took 2 labs. Then you have to add every single course that is required for your dietetics program individually (as in name, course info, grade, etc.).
That is not where it ends! For each program you apply to, you have to submit specific information to them as well. Most of them require a separate essay and application.
The application is due February 15th. You rank the programs you’re applying to, and then you’re only matched with 1 program. The match date is in April and I’m really nervous I will not get matched with anyone. I know several people that did not get matched on their first try. My goal is to finish everything this week. We shall see!
Leave a Reply